Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2017

On TheBringItOnMom

I have recently been gifted the new life title of mom. I felt that warranted a blog name change; I introduce you to "TheBringItOnMom" by LittleAppellNest. I would like to explain what it is TheBringItOnMom represents.

Eight weeks ago, my son, Daxton Scott, was born on Thanksgiving evening. Eight weeks ago, Monday before my son was born, my husband's NASCAR team dissolved and my husband, Stephen, was without a job. I had finished my job a week before, making a maternity leave permanent. There we were, no jobs and a new baby. Luckily, we had plenty of help from friends and family, and we had enough in savings to get us through. So I said, "Bring it on!"

This all happened during holiday season, so my heart was broken that we were unable to give the way we like to every year. We made do however we could, and I was able to give my son his first Christmas presents, so I said, "Bring it on!"

A month after giving birth, I underwent sinus surgery, which I had needed for about 7 years. There was no way I was waiting any longer! I am glad I did it, but it definitely didn't make life with a newborn any easier. But hey, I said, "Bring it on!"

Daxton was born 10 pounds! Our turkey that we left at home was only one pound more than my baby. Labor was quick and easy (40 minutes and minimal crying/screaming which I will never stop bragging about), but after that, I was SO overwhelmed! Dax barely sleeps during the day and eats CONSTANTLY! And I keep saying, "Bring it on!"

Oh, and Daxton and I had thrush. But whatever, "Bring it on!"

Anyone who has ever had a child can understand how trying that is on your relationships. My friendships, family relationships, and especially my marriage were all put through the ringer. I have to really take care of my relationships and take care of my baby, so you know, "Bring it on!"

On top of it all, I have multiple health problems I'm facing and anxiety that becomes more crippling the more I lose sleep. All these issues do is make everything else I deal with so much harder. But guess what, "Bring it on!"
Throughout these past 8 weeks, or really this whole past year, but especially since the birth of my son, God has been working so diligently in my family. My marriage has grown stronger and we have a wonderful new blessing. It has been so difficult to walk by faith, but now that my husband has found a new job still within his industry, it is so fulfilling knowing God was tearing us down to build us up. Pastor Steven Furtick of Elevation Church gave a wonderful Christmas Eve sermon titled "Learning Hope the Hard Way" (http://elevationchurch.org/sermons/learning-hope-the-hard-way/) which was so encouraging and extremely accurate in our lives at the time. Because I know God so often prunes our lives to make room for new and beautiful growth, I can confidently go through life shouting "Bring it on!"

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment